Sunday, October 23, 2011

Code of Ethics

  1. We shall demonstrate our respect and concern for children, families, colleagues, and others with whom we work, honoring their beliefs, values, customs, languages, and culture
  2. We shall recognize our responsibility to improve the developmental outcomes of children and to provide services and supports in a fair and equitable manner to all families and children.
  3. To develop relationships of mutual trust and create partnerships with the families we serve.
  4. We shall maintain confidentiality and shall respect the family’s right to privacy, refraining from disclosure of confidential information and intrusion into family life. However, when we have reason to believe that a child’s welfare is at risk, it is permissible to share confidential information with agencies, as well as with individuals who have legal responsibility for intervening in the child’s interest.

    After reading the code of ethics, I feel as though I am more obligated to the children that I serve. The above helps me a a professional because I now strive harder to be there not only for the children but for the families that we serve. 


2 comments:

  1. That code resonates with me also. Respect and concern all of the children keeps them in high esteem and makes us want to work hard for them. When I see children singled out and punished before the group, it breaks my heart a little, because it means someone might not be trained properly or they might not care for the child as an individual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for your discussions and comments to my blogs. Perhaps we will be together again in classes. I look forward to your posts. When we work together asking and answering questions or offering knowledge from experience or research, we and our children are all better for it. We are all part of the "village" and the growth and learning extends to adults as well.

    ReplyDelete