Saturday, January 14, 2012

Relationship Reflection


Relationships are important for several reasons. Relationships helps build bonds with others and also emotions. Relationships make you feel important, gives you a sense of hope and it gives a sense of comfort and relaxation.
I have a great relationship with my parents, my siblings, my daughter, my husband and my co-workers.
My relationship with my family members is positive because I always know where I can go to get the truth. I am comfortable around them and they make me feel happy. When there are things that I am concerned about, I go to them and they help me make the right decision. The relationship that I have with my husband consists of the same things but he makes me feel like I am his everything. At times, that gives me the strength to go on and make a difference in the world regardless of the things that I am faced with.
The relationship that I share with my co-workers is amazing. They know that I am there for them and knowing that they are there for me gives me the courage and the strength to do some of the tougher things on the job.
There are challenges that we must achieve when having a relationship. Family members are forever. However, friends and spouses may be temporary. One thing that I have learned is that you have to be honest, never say things that you are afraid to repeat, and let go of childish ways and think and act like an adult . Last but yet importantly, let the past be the past.
Special characteristics from my relationship is trustworthiness, honestly, and loyalty.
My experiences with relationship contributes a lot in the early childhood field. All parents want to know that they can trust and depend on the individuals that are caring for their child in the absence. Parents also want to know that they can trust that individual. All the things that I acquire from relationships, I give. Children deserve to have people in their life that will make the right decision for them. Honesty is the key.

5 comments:

  1. This is a very sincere and inspiring post Katrina. You speak from your heart which I respect. You seem to have a very supportive husband and a beautiful family. You have a very supportive system around you and that's good. Great job and I wish you and your family and friends the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina,
    What a touching post, I especially took to heart your last statement “Children deserve to have people in their life that will make the right decision for them,” especially when children are not capable of making decisions on their own. As I sat and reflected on your post a little while; when it comes to any relationship honesty really is a key. Then other keys follow honesty when having a relationship like those you mentioned “trust and loyalty.” I like to think that when all else fails I don’t want to forget about putting forth effort and having faith. My mom tells me all the time when I’m at a breaking point or I just don’t know what to do “Just have faith and you’ll be ok.” And most of the time my mom is right. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post I really enjoyed reading your reflections on this topic.
    Relationships are key in our life and growth -Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katrina, you made many valid points in your post. All of the relationships you mentioned are key components in a person's life. I have some of the same relationships that you mentioned and despite all of them family is forever. I also agree that honesty is most important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katrina, your statement regarding letting the past be in the past is something I live by every day and have tried to instill in both my children. The past cannot be changed but can be learned from in the future. What a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete