Saturday, May 5, 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts & Expanding Resources

~Establishing Contacts~

The very first thing that I did when trying to establish professional contacts was research the areas of the world that were most interesting to me. After browsing through all of the countries listed under the resources, I found that I was drawn into almost all of them. I finally selected four contacts. Two from UNICEF and two from The Global Alliance of NAEYC
1. media@unicef
2. ydionne@ccf-fasge.ca
3. ruzanna@sbsbf.am
4. accra@unicef.org
Thus far, I haven't received an email back from anyone. Yes, I am getting a little worried. My sister n law is from Ghana. I will called her to see if there was anyone that she could recommend but the individual that she had in mind has not returned a response to her email either.

Can anyone that has been successful give me a few tips on where to go to locate someone that is interested in communicating with me? This is such a great opportunity to get to know and meet people from other areas of the world discussing issues that are important to all of our children. Your help with this is very appreciative.

~ Expanding Resources~

The early childhood organization that I chose to study is NAEYC (www.naeyc.org/). This organizations provide information and helpful tips for all children. There were others that really caught my eye. However, I want to become ore familiar with NAEYC and all of the information they have to offer.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina,
    I have made four contacts - two in Latin America and two in Europe. So far I have not received an answer. I think this process will take time and persistence.
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina,

    Stay positive! The contacts will come in, promise. I know contacting major organizations for assistance can be hard to get a response. I will contact some people I know that teach overseas and see if they are interested in helping out. I didn't connect with anyone I have visited before as I was interested in growing in areas I haven't been yet. They will come!

    Also, you will really enjoy learning about NAEYC, great organization! Do you work in a preschool setting? Are they accredited?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is a process that's going to take time. We could only imagine how many emails they receive a day. Keep trying and be patient. I'm in the same boat as you :) Still waiting. I think it's a great way to network and meet new people especially from other countries.

    ReplyDelete