Friday, June 22, 2012

~Final Blog Assignment~


Allowing, or should I say instructing us to have an international contact for this course is the best thing that could have happened for me. Not only did it bring me aware of the things that are going on in different countries but it also broaden my understanding of issues and trends around the world. There are some things that occur and effect individuals all over the world. I've learned that the early childhood field could use a plenty of good individuals like myself and you all to help pave the way and advocate for the things that are developmentally appropriate for young children.

Secondly, I learned that yes there are differences when comparing the early childhood education field. However, there are similarities as well. I found much too often that quality of education is based on where you in enroll your child and the backgrounds of the caregivers.

Last but not least, my personal development has risen as well. After learning about how children suffer (for different reasons) all over the world, I have become eager to learn about all of the different organizations that provide support and resources for children and their families. I want to one day establish my very own organization giving back to the communities and children that are in need all over the world.

One goal that I have for the early childhood field is a communication network where we assist and help each other. Ms. Bela Frye (My international contact) wants to soon open her very own center so she can give back to the community. If we are in constant contact and interacting with each other, we can find more ways to assist our children and families in need. They may have things in their country that we do to have. We can establish that and bring it and vice versa.

What I;ve learned is that we all have the same goal. We want to provide an environment that is full of love and support for our children helping to become citizen of the world to in return, do the same for others.

2 comments:

  1. It is sad that the quality of the program depends on where the child is enrolled! I agree.

    I've loved the communication with the International contacts, and it sounds like you have too.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do all have the same goals, don't we :)
    And it is sad but true that many of the issues that we face in this country are mirrored all around the globe. I have enjoyed learning the different perspectives of my colleagues and hope that we are all able to stay in touch after we have graduated.

    ReplyDelete