Saturday, July 13, 2013

~Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels~


 

The three organizations that I found that were appealing are Operation Military Kids, Zero to Three (National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families), and Military Child Education Coalition. The reason in which I chose these organizations are because their primary focus is supporting children from birth to youth impacted by deployments. This is my challenge for my capstone project. I am a military spouse and I work with children on a daily basis who are affected by rapid deployments.

There were no job opportunities for Operation Military Kids. However, there are three positions available for Zero to Three which are Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer, Development Manager, Proposals and Grants, and Senior Policy Analyst. Job opportunities for Military Child Education Coalition are Development Coordinator, Military Student Transition Consultant, and Parent to Parent. 

The job that interest me the most is the Development Coordinator with the Military Child Education Coalition. This position details planning and coordinating events, planning and coordinating all development activities and other duties assignment by the Director. This position gives me the opportunity to continue to provide services for the military children and families. 

Skills and experiences needed for this position is to have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University or 1-2 years of related work experience, strong organizational, planning and time management skills, flexible, resourceful, high energy and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. 




3 comments:

  1. Katrina,
    Thank you for posting information on these early childhood education organizations. I have studied information from Zero to Three in my courses. I also chose the PTA a local community of practice because it is influential in the Head Start program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    Were you a military child growing up? A few years ago I had a child who had both parents in the military. They were stationed in different areas. They were not marries. She was shuffled between grandparents so that they wouldn't get tired. By the end of the year both parents were on leave and surprised her at school. I had never seen one little girl so happy. They got married and the father got his orders changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrina,

      I am sorry. I was looking at Stephanie's name and typed it by mistake. :-(

      Delete