Saturday, July 27, 2013

~Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: National/Federal Level~


Appealing Jobs at the Federal Level
Head Start is a federal organization that prepare young children for school. Children who usually attend are from low income families. 

This organization appeals to me because it promotes early learning for the families who may not financially afford to send their children to school. Quality programming take place where the teachers do their best to meet the needs of the children.

There are two positions that were currently posted. The first position is an Assistant Center Manager. “The Assistant Center Manager of Head Start supports the Center Manager in planning, organizing, implementing, and coordinating services of the child development center.   The Assistant Center Manager supervises the transportation staff and extended day teaching staff, and is expected to act in the absence of the Center Manager.  The incumbent is expected to create and maintain a strong working relationship with parents and represent the Agency positively to the community.  The Assistant Center Manger of Head Start is responsible for supporting the Center Manager in the growth, compliance and quality of service of the Center” (Head Start, n.d.). 
This position requires that you have a BS degree in early childhood education. 

The Second organization that I like is Army Community Services. This organization provides military service men, women, and their dependents with resiliency programs that foster healthy development. 
There are currently no positions available where I currently reside.

Lastly is would love to work as a coordinator for Child Youth and School Services. This is a federal government. There are currently no positions available in my area. This position will grant me the opportunity to ensure that all children on the government installation are benefiting from the program. 

This position requires at least a BS degree in education and at least 3 years of experience in leadership. 

References

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina,

    I also selected Head Start. I am very passionate about advocating for children and families living in poverty. I like what you said about teachers meeting the needs of children to promote high quality early education. The Assistant Center Manager of Head Start is a position that seems interesting. It will allow me to gain some experiences managing a center before I start my own. Thanks for sharing!

    Katara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina,

    I am partial to head start because I work for them. I am constantly call our senator about funding whenever the opportunity arises. I pray everyday that things will get better. The young children really need this program. Both of my children went to head start. I was a working parent and without the program, I don't know what I would have done. My oldest child is now a Registered Nurse. I know that I wouldn't have been able to give him the social skills needed at a young age because I was only 19 and working to support him. I was a single parent and his father was no where to be found. Thank God for the Head Start program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information given is really considerable and the facts of these kind are also said to be quite necessary especially, when you're facing a lot of circumstances like that.

    Field Service Management Software

    ReplyDelete